2011 SCOPE Annual International Conference
HATFIELD, Pa., Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — The School and College Organization for Prevention Educators is proud to announce our 2011 Annual International Conference:
Friday, October 21-Sunday, October 23, 2011
Orlando World Center Marriott
8701 World Center Drive
Orlando, Florida 32821
SCOPE’s 2011 Annual Conference features not one but three keynote speakers who are guiding lights in the prevention field, including Alan Berkowitz, Ph.D., Linda Langford, Sc.D. and Jane Stapleton, M.A., discussing the “State of Prevention Research: Compelling Findings, Effective Programs and New Directions.”
The vision for the SCOPE Annual International Conference breaks the mold for current conferences in every way:
- Instead of themes, the conference features topical tracks that allow attendees to focus on alcohol abuse, bullying, bystander intervention, drug abuse, hazing, peer education, primary prevention, relationship/domestic/intimate partner violence, research and sexual assault.
- There will also be designations for each presentation as:
- strategic prevention
- primary prevention
- secondary prevention
- tertiary prevention
- harm reduction
- environmental management
- phases of prevention
- peer education
- Priority will be given to showcasing and supporting primary prevention efforts, but the conference is also curricular for peer educator and advocate training.
- Tracks are distinguished as:
- Tracks are further segmented as school-specific, college/university-specific and/or community-specific.
- The conference sessions are a combination of invited speakers and applicant-based concurrent sessions. All sessions are crafted and selected by the conference committee to integrate, reference and support each other so that attendees are able to pursue depth of topic institute-style rather than conference-style.
- Roundtables, panel discussions and case studies allow presenters to digest and process material with the attendees.
FREE ONE-YEAR MEMBERSHIP FOR EACH 10TH SCOPE 2011 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RECEIVED
We want the highest possible number of attendees and members to experience the SCOPE 2011 Conference, so we are pleased to offer a one-year membership for each 10th conference registration received. Help us spread the word so prevention educators everywhere have the opportunity to take advantage of this offer!
To join SCOPE, please visit WeAreSCOPE.org/join
For more information, please visit http://www.WeAreSCOPE.org or contact:
Michelle Issadore, M.Ed.